We are seeking an experienced mobile release engineer for our Dublin office. The role will involve leading/owning our internal continuous integration (CI) pipeline, automation of our workflow, and publishing of our SDKs. This will also involve working in close collaboration with our mobile development team in constantly improving and evolving the various build systems.
We develop mobile SDKs for use on a variety of different platforms, including iOS, Android, Unity, Amazon Fire, tvOS and Roku, using technologies such as Objective-C, Java, C#, Calabash, and Robolectric. Our CI system is currently built on top of Jenkins pipeline using a mixture of groovy, rake, gradle, fastlane. The delivery of high quality SDKs is highly dependent on the efficiency and reliability of our CI making the Release Engineer crucially important.
Who is Swrve?
Processing over 14 billion events daily, Swrve's mobile-first next generation customer interaction platform helps enterprises maximize engagement and monetization by empowering marketers to deliver mobile experiences tailored to every customer. Swrve provides a comprehensive set of tools that include audience targeting, real-time segmentation, conversations, push notifications, in-app messaging, A/B testing, predictive models, real-time data orchestration, and rich analytics across all marketing channels. Swrve partners with leading brands, agencies and technology partners – including The Guardian, Condé Nast, Warner Brothers, Salesforce, Oracle, and Marketo – and is installed in hundreds of apps across industries, such as retail, media, travel/hospitality, entertainment, sports, games, and banking.
What qualities are we looking for?
- A passion for test automation coupled with a keen interest in current trends in mobile technology.
- An understanding that a mobile SDK has the highest responsibility of being stable and consistent for the engineers using it.
- The ability to suggest and get up to speed with new technologies, coverage tools or testing practices as they are introduced.
- Great communicator, who thrives working in cross-functional product development teams.
- Highly motivated individual and a strong stability advocate who is transparent about build issues and is passionate about documenting and addressing them.
What will I be doing?
- Releasing our mobile sdk platforms for Android, iOS and Unity.
- Releasing and assisting in CI creation for our newer SDK projects.
- Optimizing our build systems to run fast and efficiently.
- Familiarity with documenting setup procedures, dev environment runbooks.
- Investigating errors, build failures appearing in logs unrelated to unit tests test running, helping the dev team get to the root of any build issue.
- Updating CI and prototyping new CI tools for future use.
- Help maintain our current suite of test tools including Jenkins, Amazon Device Farm, Calabash, fastlane, gradle and rakefiles.
Essential experience and skills
- Experience using CI Automation tools like Jenkins, Travis or Bamboo
- Experience with build scripting languages like Groovy or Jenkins’ DSL.
- Experience or understanding of what it takes to modify/Change Jenkins Plugins
- iOS build and release experience: xcodebuild, cocoapods, fastlane, testflight
- Android build and release experience: gradle, artifact publishing such bintray/jitpack, android play store
- Maintaining Jenkins Build Nodes for Linux, MacOS.
Advantageous experience and skills
- Unity build and release experience.
- Knowledge and ability to read and debug source code
- Working knowledge of yaml
- Working knowledge of git source control and git webhooks
- Experience with and understanding of mobile testing tools like xcunitests, roboelectric or espresso.
- Experience with and understanding of Automated UI Testing tools like Calabash, Cucumber, Selenium or Appium.
- Experience with running test suites on cloud device farms such as AWS Device farm.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary, and generous equity
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- Two volunteer days - you can spend these helping out with a charity
- Extra holiday day for your birthday
- Public transport TaxSaver scheme
- Fitness reimbursement policy
- Daily breakfast, organic fruit, and lunches on Friday
- Cycle-to-work scheme
Swrve is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the continued development of employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, civil status, family status, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or membership of the Travelling community.
Candidates must have a valid permit to work in Ireland.
Sound like a good role for you? Apply by filling out the application form on the top-right hand side.