About the role:
Swrve is looking for a Technical Writer based in our Dublin office to work with our Product Management team in creating excellent developer and end-user documentation across the Swrve platform.
What is Swrve?
Swrve is the customer engagement platform of choice for Digicel, Sony Pictures Television, Condé Nast, Playrix, and other top global brands. Named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing platforms for the second consecutive year, our platform delivers hyper personalized, high-value 1:1 engagement across mobile, email, web, and OTT platforms.
What you'll do:
- Develop both technical documentation (API guides, SDK integration guides) and end-user documentation for the Swrve platform and maintain this documentation in accordance with release deadlines.
- Interact proactively with members of the product management, engineering, customer success, and sales and marketing teams to continuously improve the existing documentation.
- Translate complex technical concepts into understandable and easy-to-use documentation.
- Initiate, plan, and manage new documentation projects.
- Liaise with product management and design teams to advocate consistent GUI language standards.
- Partner with engineering teams and resources to develop content and communications to be consumed by various levels/audience personas (developers, marketers, executive).
- Ensure documentation meets customers’ needs through ongoing analysis and user research.
- Analyse current documentation tools and processes and recommend or implement new tools and technologies.
- At least 3 years experience as a documentation specialist or technical writer for software products, preferably with enterprise-level or SAAS applications.
- Diploma/post graduate degree in technical communication, engineering, computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical writing, instructional design, and editing skills.
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3. Proficiency using XML-based content management systems or docs-as-code tools preferred.
- Ability to maintain, enhance, and enforce documentation style guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative, without direct supervision from management.
- Demonstrated ability to improve efficiency and quality of documentation processes.
- Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong communication and team skills.
- Experience of working with image editing tools.
- Experience writing on-screen text and messages, and reviewing user interfaces to ensure usability and adherence to style standards.
- Fluency in English.
- Experience working with multiple and remote teams.
- Experience creating documentation for mobile and OTT platforms (iOS, tvOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV).
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working with programming languages and version control systems, with direct coding experience a nice-to-have.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, and generous equity.
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance.
- 21 days annual leave, two volunteer days - to help out with the charity of your choice, a company day off on Dec 27th, and an extra holiday day for your birthday.
- Fitness reimbursement policy.
- Onsite wellness programme.
- Daily breakfast, organic fruit, and lunches on Friday.
- Well stocked craft beer fridge.
- Cycle-to-work scheme and secure bike storage.
- Public transport TaxSaver scheme.
Swrve is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the continued development of employment policies, procedures, and practices that do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, civil status, family status, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or membership of the Travelling community.
Candidates must have a valid permit to work in Ireland.