**We do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies**
Swrve's Operations team plays a key role in the development and delivery of our SaaS infrastructure, building scalable and resilient backend systems which process billions of events a day and handle apps with tens of millions of daily users.
You will create and manage automation that will allow Swrve to continue to scale beyond our current 10 billion events per day, while maintaining (or exceeding) our 99.999% uptime and high customer focus goals.
All projects delivered by Swrve's Operations Engineers use carefully assessed technology, are repeatable, well managed and documented, and are easily understood by the Engineering team.
As an Operations Engineer you will be comfortable working with Linux hosts in a cloud-only environment, and troubleshooting problems that range across application, host and network infrastructure. You will work with the development team to deploy regular updates and features to the Swrve product while maintaining quality and performance of our systems.
What you’ll do
- Have ongoing project work across a variety of technologies - as wide or as narrow as your expertise with the opportunity for exposure to learn new technologies
- Work on an operations engineering team who are passionate about what they do
- Have a strong dislike for repetitive work. Automation of operations is an important part of the role
- Provide support and guidance around scaling, high availability, performance and security to our software engineers
- Be on call 24/7 every 4-5 weeks but work proactively to avoid being woken up
- Enhance our monitoring systems by identifying and analysing key metrics
Advantageous Experience and Skills
- BSc or higher in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant industry experience
- Experience managing large scale distributed systems and task automation
- Experience in a highly available and highly secure environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team, working on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Strong Linux server administration
- Containerisation technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Proficiency in a scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Experience working with server virtualisation, IaaS and PaaS Platforms (AWS, Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Jetty, Nginx, MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Version control (Git, SVN etc.)
- Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc.)
- Monitoring/alerting (Nagios, Sensu, Zenoss, Graphite, Grafana etc.)
- Networking protocols/technologies - HTTP(s)/TCP/DNS/Load Balancing
- Experience in aggregated log solutions (Logstash, Splunk, LogEntries etc.)
- Strong work ethic and meticulous in planning
- Experience with Continuous Deployment/Integration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer
- Competitive salary, and generous equity
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- Two volunteer days - you can spend these helping out with a charity
- Public Transport Tax Saver Scheme
- Fitness reimbursement policy
- Daily breakfast, organic fruit, and lunches on Friday
- Cycle-to-work scheme and secure bike parking in the building
Swrve is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the continued development of employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, civil status, family status, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or membership of the Travelling community.
Candidates must have a valid permit to work in Ireland.