We are currently looking to the market for an experienced Contract Full Stack Software Developer
The role will involve working with a mixed team of front-end, full-stack, back-end and mobile developers, and close collaboration with our Product Design team.
Familiarity with a specific technology is not as important as a strong desire to learn and a delight in seeing your software in the hands of customers. We are building a scalable and resilient backend system which processes billions of events on a daily basis and handles thousands of requests per second, and a modern and beautiful web interface. We use a wide range of technologies, including Java, Ruby on Rails, AWS, Hadoop, Presto DB, React, Redux, and many more, and we are looking for developers who can contribute in one or more of these areas.
Who is Swrve?
Swrve is the customer engagement platform of choice for Digicel, Sony Pictures Television, Condé Nast, Playrix, and other top global brands. Named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing platforms for the second consecutive year, our platform delivers hyper personalized, high-value 1:1 engagement across mobile, email, web, and OTT platforms.
While we are passionate about the product that we build and the experience we provide for our customers we also understand that everyone needs a work-life balance that’s right for them. We are committed to providing the flexibility each of our engineers require in order to live their own lives, while still contributing strongly to Swrve.
What qualities are we looking for?
- A passion for development coupled with a keen interest in exploring and using the right technologies for the task at hand.
- Desire to work in environment where you are shipping code frequently to high availability, high scale services handling 100,000+ requests/second, without downtime.
- The ability to suggest and get up to speed with new technologies or development practices as they are introduced.
- Great communicator, who thrives working in cross-functional product development teams.
- Highly motivated individual and a strong customer advocate, focused on contributing to the user experience.
What will I be doing?
- Working closely with our product and customer teams, using your broad knowledge of our stack to move easily between our many services and technologies, and building out powerful features and improvements.
- Broadening your skill-set, as you work across our stack, getting exposed and skilling up quickly in a wide range of technologies.
- Ensuring that we are taking advantage of the latest technologies, tools and practices; keeping abreast of upcoming platform updates and trends.
- Being an active participant in peer code reviews and release retrospectives; helping maintain high development standards across the team, striving for continuous improvement.
- Contributing directly to discussions and development of our product.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary, and generous equity
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- 21 days annual leave, two volunteer days - to help out with the charity of your choice, a company day off on Dec 27th, and an extra holiday day for your birthday
- Onsite wellness
- Public transport TaxSaver scheme
- Fitness reimbursement policy
- Daily breakfast, organic fruit, and lunches on Friday
- Well stocked craft beer fridge
- Cycle-to-work scheme and secure bike storage