About the Role
Swrve is looking for a contract Technical Writer based in our Dublin office to work with our Product Management team in creating excellent developer and end-user documentation across the Swrve platform. The role is initially for 6 months.
Processing over 14 billion events daily, Swrve's mobile-first next-generation customer interaction platform helps enterprises maximize engagement and monetization by empowering marketers to deliver mobile experiences tailored to every customer. Swrve provides a comprehensive set of tools that include audience targeting, real-time segmentation, conversations, push notifications, in-app messaging, A/B testing, predictive models, real-time data orchestration, and rich analytics across all marketing channels. Swrve partners with leading brands, agencies, and technology partners – including The Guardian, Condé Nast, Warner Brothers, Salesforce, Oracle, and Marketo – and is installed in hundreds of apps across industries, such as retail, media, travel/hospitality, entertainment, sports, games, and banking.
- Develop both technical documentation (API guides, SDK integration guides) and end-user documentation for the Swrve platform and maintain this documentation in accordance with release deadlines.
- Interact proactively with members of the product management, engineering, customer success, and sales and marketing teams to continuously improve the existing documentation.
- Translate complex technical concepts into understandable and easy-to-use documentation.
- Initiate, plan and manage new documentation projects.
- Liaise with product management and development teams to advocate consistent GUI language standards.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-4 years experience as a documentation specialist or technical writer for software products.
- Primary degree in languages, engineering, computer science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Technical writing, instructional design and editing skills.
- Understanding of HTML and CSS. Proficiency with WordPress or similar HTML-based content management system preferred.
- Ability to maintain, enhance and enforce documentation style guidelines.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to multitask and self-organise in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
- Strong communication and team skills.
- Experience of working with image editing tools.
- Fluency in English.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with multiple and remote teams.
- Experience creating documentation for mobile and OTT platforms (iOS, tvOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV).
- Copywriting experience.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working with programming languages.