Technical Support Engineer
Processing over 14 billion events daily, Swrve's mobile-first next generation customer interaction platform helps enterprises maximize engagement and monetization by empowering marketers to deliver mobile experiences tailored to every customer. Swrve provides a comprehensive set of tools that include audience targeting, real-time segmentation, conversations, push notifications, in-app messaging, A/B testing, predictive models, real-time data orchestration, and rich analytics across all marketing channels. Swrve partners with leading brands, agencies and technology partners – including The Guardian, Condé Nast, Warner Brothers, Salesforce, Oracle, and Marketo – and is installed in hundreds of apps across industries, such as retail, media, travel/hospitality, entertainment, sports, games, and banking.
As a Technical Support Engineer, your goal is to advise, support and guide our customers on all things technical. In this role you will learn, and help create, best practices while working side-by-side with Swrve senior engineers and management. This is very much a full stack role. During a normal day you can expect to work with our customers on the following:
- handling technical customer questions via our support portal
- debugging and improving our iOS, Android and Unity SDKs
- inspecting server logs to diagnose instrumentation issues
- debugging Swrve dashboard issues
- writing technical best practice documentation
- working with our Product Team to address long term customer needs
Given the wide range of tasks, you will need to be proficient, or be able to get up-to-speed quickly, in
- mobile technology (iOS, Android, Unity)
- server debugging (BASH, terminal, grep)
- web frameworks (ruby)
- backend systems & databases (java, mysql)
- our feature set and space (mobile analytics, in-app messaging, push notifications & A/B testing)
- Assist customers with SDK integration
- Debug technical / data quality issues
- Provide guidance on technology choice
- Admin / setup of app features
- Communicate top technical issues to rest of organization
Skills & Technical Experience
- Required: Experience with Ruby on Rails, Python or PHP
- Required: (1 or more): iOS, Android client SDK in C++, Unity.
Beneficial Work Experience
- Game development, especially on mobile devices
- Server-side application development
- High-performance, multi-threaded software development
- Hosted, large database programming
- Computational statistics analysis and visualization
Key Personal Skills
- Solution focused - strong customer advocacy and professional demeanor
- Excellent communication - clear written and verbal skills, ability to lead technical group presentations
- Experience working in distributed, international development teams of 5 or more - you understand the impact of time and distance and know how to overcome it.
- Detail - oriented and highly self-motivated personality – you find information you need to learn.
- Thrive in an extremely challenging & fast-paced “growth stage” environment.
- Travel - willing and able to travel for industry trade shows and on-site customer visits
- Education - BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree in related field, MS a plus.
Sampling of Rewards
- Opportunity to work with bright, ambitious Swrvers across the globe
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- Public transport and fitness allowance
- MacBook Pro, monitors, standing workstations- whatever you need be comfortable
- Weekly catered lunch
If you think you have what it takes for this role, we’d love to hear from you!
We pride ourselves on providing an exciting work environment. Everyone at Swrve has an opportunity to shape the direction of the company. We value team players who are self-directed and are eager to ride and influence the next wave in mobile SaaS technology innovation.