Swrve is looking for a Director of User Experience and Design with a proven track record of exceptional information architecture, interaction design and visual design skills. This person will be responsible for driving the overall user experience strategy in Swrve, providing leadership and best practices in the process, and implementation of user experience and design.
We are looking for someone who thinks strategically about the importance of user experience but can also execute well in a small team environment, delivering great designs at the right level of detail. You will design primarily for the web but will need to have experience designing for mobile, given mobile app publishers are our target market.
You must be able to work collaboratively with a strong team of product managers and engineers, along with leading and managing a team of two UX/UI designers. You will own the overall Swrve user experience and must be a champion for user experience within the company. You will be responsible for designing specific user experiences in our products and also ensuring that consistent design patterns and guidelines are followed.
This person will need to exhibit attention to detail, consistently deliver high quality work and be able to react to changing business needs. Past experience with enterprise software-as-a-service (SaaS) products is a requirement—you understand the design consideration, development and implementation cycles. You should be a creative thinker who is grounded in data, and uses both to make decisions.
- Lead interaction design across the company, gathering requirements from customers and other end users. Deliverables include use cases, interaction design documents, pattern libraries, personas and task flows.
- Develop storyboards and design mockups that effectively communicate design ideas.
- Define design approach and process and integrate it into the overall product development process appropriately.
- Bring best-practice design methodology and modern design patterns (interaction and visual) into the product.
- Contribute to other aspects of design within Swrve, assisting with the Swrve marketing site web presence, interacting where required with external teams.
- Swrve is a multi-national company, with headquarters in San Francisco CA, and the Product, Design, and Engineering teams based in Dublin, Ireland. The Sales and Services teams for Swrve are based in both London, UK and San Francisco. This is a full-time role based in Dublin, reporting to the Chief Product Officer based in San Francisco, so experience working within an international environment is a plus.
- The role will involve working directly with Swrve customers, prospects, and sales/support team in both the EU and US—gathering feedback on their use of Swrve products, and on the effectiveness of the UI. You will be required to occasionally travel to the other Swrve offices to meet with other members of the Swrve team and to visit customers on-site to gather feedback and requirements.
Requirements / Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in HCI, art, design, user interface design, human factors or related field
- 5+ years industry experience in the development of user interfaces, web interfaces, mobile applications, from concepts and wireframes through to final design and execution.
- Track record of delivery and experience working in teams developing software or web applications, often within time and budget constraints.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills
- Good working knowledge of CSS, HTML/HTML5, Flash, Invision, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Web development experience for application prototyping highly desirable
- Valid passport