Swrve's Operations team plays a key role in the development and delivery of our SaaS infrastructure, building scalable and resilient backend systems which process billions of events a day and handle apps with tens of millions of daily users.
You will create and manage automation that will allow Swrve to continue to scale beyond our current 10 billion events per day, while maintaining (or exceeding) our 99.999% uptime and high customer focus goals.
All projects delivered by Swrve's Senior Operations Engineers use carefully assessed technology are repeatable, well managed and documented, and are easily understood by the Engineering team.
As an Senior Operations Engineer you will be comfortable working with Linux hosts in a cloud-only environment, and troubleshooting problems that range across application, host and network infrastructure. You will work with the development team to deploy regular updates and features to the Swrve product while maintaining quality and performance of our systems.
- Work as a member of a team managing large 24 x 7 public cloud platforms handling 10 billion API calls per day and working closely with developers to deliver new products
- Take ownership of identifying, planning and implementation of new technologies and improvements to the Swrve stack and infrastructure
- Enhance our monitoring systems by identifying and analysing key metrics
- Automate site reliability operations
- Provide operational support to Swrve’s engineering team
- On-Call duties in rotation every 4-5 weeks
- BSc or higher in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant industry experience
- Experience with managing large scale distributed systems and task automation
- Experience in a highly available and highly secure environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team, working on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Linux server administration
- Proficient in a scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Experience working with server virtualisation, IaaS and PaaS Platforms (AWS, Docker, Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Jetty, Nginx, MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Version control (Git, SVN etc.)
- Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc.)
- Monitoring/alerting (Nagios, Sensu, Zenoss, Graphite, Grafana etc.)
- Networking protocols/technologies - HTTP(s)/TCP/DNS/Load Balancing
- Experience in aggregated log solutions (Logstash, Splunk, LogEntries etc.)
- Strong work ethic and meticulous in planning
- Experience with Continuous Deployment/Integration
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary, and generous equity
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- Two volunteer days - you can spend these helping out with a charity
- Public Transport Tax Saver Scheme
- Fitness reimbursement policy
- Daily breakfast, organic fruit, and lunches on Friday
- Well stocked craft beer fridge
- Cycle-to-work scheme and secure bike parking in the building
Swrve is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the continued development of employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, civil status, family status, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or membership of the Travelling community.
Candidates must have a valid permit to work in Ireland.