Swrve's Operations team plays a key role in the development and delivery of our SaaS infrastructure, building scalable and resilient backend systems which process billions of events a day and handle apps with tens of millions of daily users.
You will help manage automation that will allow Swrve to continue to scale beyond our current 10 billion events per day, while maintaining (or exceeding) our 99.999% uptime and high customer focus goals.
As an Operations Engineer you will be working with Linux hosts in a cloud-only environment, and troubleshooting problems that range across application, host and network infrastructure. You will work with the development team to deploy regular updates and features to the Swrve product while maintaining quality and performance of our systems.
- Work as a member of a team managing a large 24 x 7 public cloud platforms handling 10 billion API calls per day and working closely with developers to deliver new products
- Enhance our monitoring systems by identifying and analysing key metrics
- Provide operational support to Swrve’s engineering team
- BSc or higher in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant industry experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Linux server administration
- Experience with managing distributed systems and task automation
- Experience in a highly available and highly secure environment
- Proficient in a scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash, etc.)
- Experience working with server virtualisation, IaaS and PaaS Platforms (AWS, Docker, Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Jetty, Nginx, MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- Familiar with version control (Git, SVN etc.)
- Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc.)
- Monitoring/alerting (Nagios, Sensu, Zenoss, Graphite, Grafana etc.)
- Networking protocols/technologies - HTTP(s)/TCP/DNS/Load Balancing
- Experience in aggregated log solutions (Logstash, Splunk, LogEntries etc.)
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary, and generous equity
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance
- Two volunteer days - you can spend these helping out with a charity
- Public Transport Tax Saver Scheme
- Fitness reimbursement policy
- Daily breakfast, organic fruit, and lunches on Friday
- Well stocked craft beer fridge
- Cycle-to-work scheme and secure bike parking in the building
Swrve is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the continued development of employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, civil status, family status, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or membership of the Travelling community.
Candidates must have a valid permit to work in Ireland.